{ABSTRACT-NESS---X`}
Saturday, June 11, 2011
title:{June Holidays}

So much things have happened throughout this June Holidays.

This Tuesday, 7 June, marked the start of my signal processing course at DSO. For the first day, we had a day of lectures and the next day was filled with lectures that were incomprehensible (we had to undergo this linear algebra thing, which is really abstract, like what Mr Chia had said and I totally don't get it). Following that on the third day (9 June) was a visit to the NUS, something which I had been looking forward to since the start of the course. O.o

Overall, this course gives me a good introduction to what engineering is like, what research is like and what it means to be taking up a scholarship from DSO or DSTA. Engineering requires one to solve problems from different angles. This kind of job really requires you to utilize your thinking ability to tackle an unforseen problem and solve it in a coherent and quick manner. Imagine what will have gone wrong if you do not analysis the problem in the right angle. Gosh! This is too much for me. I am more and more convicted that I will not want to go to Engineering field in the future. I am sure that Engineering is not my cup of tea. It requires you to solve problems, which is not what I am capable of.

On Friday, I went out with the CCA exco (Tan Rong, Teng Wei, Zhi Yang, Nikhil and Zheyu) to watch X-men First Class. Cool right? I had always been wanting to watch that. (: and I finally got to watch it. I had to say that I totally don't regret watching the movie, which is really really really awesome. (: Afterwards, I went for piano lesson.

I really stumbled according to this interesting piece of article from the internet and will like to share some of its content here. Here is the link from which I had taken my information from.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091116103525.htm
Note: I don't know how reliable are these sources.

Skin colour can tell your health situation. Using specialist computer software, a total of 54 Caucasian participants of both sexes were asked to manipulate the skin color of male and female Caucasian faces to make them look as healthy as possible. They chose to increase the rosiness, yellowness and brightness of the skin. Cool right? I never know that yellow skin can be a sign of good health. On the contrary, yellowness of skin sometimes can be caused by disease.

Skin that is slightly flushed with blood and full of oxygen suggests a strong heart and lungs, supporting the study's findings that rosier skin appeared healthy. Smokers and people with diabetes or heart disease have fewer blood vessels in their skin, and so skin would appear less rosy.

The preference for more golden or 'yellow-toned' skin as healthier might be explained by the 'carotenoid pigments' that we get from the fruit and vegetables in our diet.These plant pigments are powerful antioxidants that soak up dangerous compounds produced when the body combats disease. They are also important for our immune and reproductive systems and may help prevent cancer.

Cool right? I should post more of such discoveries.

Bye.

9:54 PM;

N {PROFILE}

Goh Mei Zhen
Northland Primary School
NUS High School
M08101
M09201
M10305
M11405
Fibonacci
29 May 1995
goh-meizhen@hotmail.com

calling cards
calling cards


N {CREDITS}

{/basecode}
Layout
MELISSA;
{/designer}
{/brushes}



N {CRAVING}

Want everyone around me to be happy and healthy:D
Do a blogskin on my own
Get a cap of 4
Get a cap of 4.5
Get into a united class
Spend more time with people


N {FRIENDS}

:: Aisyah ::
:: Felecia ::
:: JiaHong ::
:: Michelle ::
:: Samantha ::
:: SihSi ::
:: Simin ::
:: Winnie ::


N {TAGBOARD}



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com