{ABSTRACT-NESS---X`}
Sunday, July 31, 2011
title:{}

I am stressed now, because of all the tests that are coming along next week and the fact that my marching improved slightly is really encouraging. At least, I can march a little, but not to the song. I always got lost in all the music. Haiz. Now, I am blogging to relieve myself of the terrible stress. I don't like the fact that I feel stressed up so often that I am always worrying about what will happen, instead of doing actual productive work. What is wrong?! Past the pinacle of stress, I will collapse. It goes the same for everyone, with the exception that some people feel stress less often, while others feel stress frequently, like me!!!

I found the following information on this website:http://mao-yang.com/10-ways-to-reduce-stress-over-school/

If I was still going to school right now and stressing over it, the tips provided on several of these websites that I was on would not help me in anyway. I will not tell you to take a breath, I will not tell you to visualize or count to 10, and neither will I tell you to procrastinate until you feel better. Well, maybe I might tell you to procrastinate…no just kidding, don’t you dare procrastinate! That will only increase your stress levels!

*** I am procastinating and it adds on to my stress!!! AH!!!

1.Remember that school is temporary. School is a tool to help you hone your skills to become the person that you want to be in the future. It tests your ability to think and to make decisions. It will be over before you know it so make school work for you and don’t work for school. When you get your diploma or your college degree, you’ll realize that things were not as stressful as you made it seem. While I was in high school, I would get really stressed out over the smallest assignments. Now when I look back, it was really quite simple but I always blew every assignment out of proportion. The truth is you will be okay no matter what because if you’re committed to finishing your assignments, they will get done.

2.Get involved in school. Joining a group or helping out around your school will help you to feel less stressed out. When you feel like you are a part of something, you will look at school in a different light. You may even see it as a social place where you get to see your club members or your friends. I joined Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) while I was in high school and I got to experience some really cool stuff. I took an exam at our district for accounting and I passed so I went on to compete at state. When I went to compete, I was excused for three days and I got to sleep in a nice hotel and relax with no homework. It was awesome!

3.Enjoy your time. As soon as you are assigned a project or given homework, don’t take it so seriously. Yes, you need to get it done but if there is something that you really want to do such as watching a movie or going out with your friends, go ahead and enjoy yourself. Sometimes, that’s exactly what you need in order to feel refueled and ready to work. Enjoying yourself is the only way that you can continue to focus after you feel like you’ve done something you liked. I always panicked whenever I had a new project while I was in school but I made it in time always. If I could go back, I would wish to enjoy the process more then the end result because the process is what teaches you the most.

4.Reward yourself. After you ace a test, go out and celebrate! Give yourself a pat on the back for trying so hard and for doing well. Even if you don’t ace a test, you need to reward yourself. Don’t wait until winter break or summer break, that is too far away and you will certainly die of stress. (I know I would!) Most of the time, teachers tend to give you stupid little projects over the break anyways so you better reward yourself as soon as you accomplish something awesome. Don’t wait for someone to reward you either. I remember feeling the best about myself whenever I rewarded myself by going on a shopping spree or eating out at a really nice place after I accomplished something meaningful.

5.Organize. You will be so thankful for your planner if you are one of those rare people that actually uses your planner. My planner saved me when I was in college. Many times, there would be a quiz or test coming up but I would forget about it and the only thing that reminded me to be prepared for them was my planner. I also felt less stressed out when I knew what to expect in the next few weeks or month even.

6.Prioritize things that you need to do. You need to do the most important things and the most urgent things first before everything else. The only way that you will reduce your stress is if you know how to execute things in the right order. I often did things like finish a homework assignment due in 2 weeks before I started on an assignment due the very next day. Or I would watch movies for a whole week without cleaning my apartment and then I would have to study like crazy the night before I had a test. I usually felt extremely stressed out that night not only because I wasn’t ready but also because my place was messy.

7.Ask for help. Sometimes you really need to just ask someone to help you. If there is something that you don’t understand, have your teacher clarify it for you. It can be intimidating or you may think that it is too time-consuming but when you understand something better because you took the initiative to ask, you will be so much happier that you took a risk. Calculus is a really hard subject for me when I was a college freshman and the only reason why I made it through Calculus was because I went to my teacher for help more than once and I asked him to explain theories that weren’t making sense to me. I sailed through that class rather smoothly and the reason for it was because I asked for help.

8.Exercise. You better get out there and start doing some workouts! Your body needs to be active so you won’t be falling asleep while in class and so you won’t be gaining weight from being a potato couch. I gained about 20 pounds when I went to college my first year because I never exercised and I only ate. I was already stressed out about how I was doing academically and being overweight really just shot my stress through the roof because I hated how I looked. If you look good, then 9 times out of 10, you will feel good.

9.Have a balanced eating diet. Don’t indulge in junk food because that’s how you get fat! Also, not having enough nutrients can cause you to be sick and miss out on things that require you to be at your best. I always made the mistake of eating fruit after a bowl of cereal and my stomach would get so bloated. I would feel really uncomfortable in class and the worst case scenario that happened to me was that I had a lot of gas. When this happened, I was always torn between leaving class or suffering through class.

10.Get just enough sleep. Don’t oversleep and don’t undersleep. You really need your beauty rest of 7-8 hours of sleep per night. You will feel really stressed out if you sleep too much and you aren’t productive. Sleeping too little will cause you to be cranky so you’ll also get nothing done. When I was in college, I always had too much sleep so whenever I woke up I always started the day with a really bad attitude. I woke up saying things like “Great! I overslept, how wonderful!!! I won’t get anything done today because I decided that I needed to sleep for a million hours!” Well, it went something like that.

I should try to do something I enjoy for a long long time. I will read my girl book- the royal match! (: until let say, 9p.m. then I will start revising until 11pm before sleeping. (:

Jiayous!

8:14 PM;

N {PROFILE}

Goh Mei Zhen
Northland Primary School
NUS High School
M08101
M09201
M10305
M11405
Fibonacci
29 May 1995
goh-meizhen@hotmail.com

calling cards
calling cards


N {CREDITS}

{/basecode}
Layout
MELISSA;
{/designer}
{/brushes}



N {CRAVING}

Want everyone around me to be happy and healthy:D
Do a blogskin on my own
Get a cap of 4
Get a cap of 4.5
Get into a united class
Spend more time with people


N {FRIENDS}

:: Aisyah ::
:: Felecia ::
:: JiaHong ::
:: Michelle ::
:: Samantha ::
:: SihSi ::
:: Simin ::
:: Winnie ::


N {TAGBOARD}



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com